[THIN] Re: app assoications

  • From: "Gary Holbrook" <gholbrook@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 08:26:55 -0500

Check out this key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\FileExt

It's very simple to use, and works consistently.  Just add a value named
"Application" with your app.  For example, winword.exe.

You will also need to make sure that the app keys are present in
HKCR\Applications.  Those ones are also very straight forward.  I wouldn't
recommend playing with user classes keys though.  They're a bit more voodoo
like.

Gary