[THIN] Re: Windows 2K3 SP1 and PS4 and XPe FR3

  • From: "Grant, Lachlan ISMC:EX" <Lachlan.Grant@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2005 08:54:16 -0800

You will need to reinstall Citrix Roll Up R03, which is supposed to solve
most of the known issues with SP1.

I'm testing it at the moment, it breaks IE, strangely enough, each time I
try to launch IE it brings up an error:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000005) Click OK to
terminate this application."

I can then add 'iexplore.exe' to the Data Execution Prevention list and it
works properly. According to the citrix article
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106054 applying R03 will resolve this
issue, but I've just uninstalled and re-installed R03 and it still doesn't
work.

So now i'm going to uninstall R03 and then install R02 and then R03 to see
if that helps. Does anyone have any other suggestions?

We are using the /PAE switch on these servers, would that have anything to
do with the problem?

Here's the citrix known issues paper in regards to SP1:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX106058

Lachlan.