[THIN] Windows 2003 Terminal Server performance tips for IE?

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2004 20:52:15 +1000

Hi

I have a 2003 WTS I need to fine tune. Server runs std office apps - Office 2000, Project 2000, Visio 2000, Access 2000 etc. All these apps seem to run at respectable speeds. I have disabled all animation, removed actors etc and also looked at some of the documentation on Brian Maddens site and implemented accordingly.

My issue is mainly with IE6 performance. It runs really slow via Terminal Server (runs fine on the LAN outside of TS). Also have speed issues when viewing JPG files. Takes quite a while to load a 2Mb Jpg in Photo Editor or the Picture Viewer. I am the only person using the server at this stage and the server is specced as follows:

CPU 3Ghz x 2
RAM 2Gb
Raid 1 disk config

The images load but very slowly - u can see the bar slowly scroll across the screen (I was expecting much better performance). Im running the latest MSTC client.

IS there anything obvious I can do to improve IE and JPG loading performance? Any GPO I can set?

Thanks
Rose

Feeling spent? Apply here for emergency plastic surgery: http://ad.doubleclick.net/clk;9577691;9687279;r?http://www.promo.com.au/virgincreditcard/plasticsurgery/track.cfm?source=P08

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
Would you like to learn? -- Free for a limited time!
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at: