[THIN] Re: Windows 2000 SP3 issues?

  • From: Wood Andrew <andy.wood@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 3 Sep 2002 10:01:55 -0000

Jim,

Just a heads up - I did that earlier this week and found that if you used
the FR2 CD to install XP (i.e. with SP2 already installed) there was no
problem with the installation - although strangely I had occasional issues
where IE6.0 refused to install on a server with SP3 - strange but true.

However, when I used the default XP (no SP) CD and tried and do a server
drive remap as part of the  XP setup then it fell on its bum and refused to
install.

What I had to do was run the remap *utility* before installing the XP1.0.

Of course, thinking on it could have been the smart start drivers on
5.4...... Do'h now I;ll have to go and get someone to check that as well...
:(