[THIN] Re: What part of this article has been fixed properly by MS?

  • From: "Alexander Danilychev" <teknica@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 07 Jan 2003 18:22:30 -0800

MetaFrame XP definitely improved printer support adn licensing. ICA client
is also better. Browsing is fixed, etc., etc.

When migrating I would focus 80% of attention on Win2K (Active Directory,
architecture, app. compatibility, etc.) and only 20% on MetaFrame.

If you do not change your applications and have a stable static environment
why migrate in a first place?

If you are ready for WIN2K (mastered user support, DNS, profiles, policies,
disaster recovery) - go for it. There are no future updates for MetaFrame
1.8 and TSE is phased out, so you have no choice. But again, you will be the
one to run your system, not people that give you advice. So be ready
yourself first.

ALEX