[THIN] Re: Web interface/CSG and Speedscreen

  • From: "cherie.watts" <cherie.watts@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 12:06:31 +1000

Hi James and Rick

I thought you could disable speedscreen on an individual application basis.

If you open the "SpeedScreen Latency Reduction Manager" on the server, during
the add application wizard(for excel) you have the option to Deselect "Enable
local text echo for this application".

Once you have completed the wizard and then view the properties on the
application, it has "Disable Local Text Echo for this application" enabled.

Won't this turn off Speedscreen for the designated application?

I found a problem some time ago with an application and speedscreen that caused
an impressive memory leak. This is what I did to get around it...well it seemed
to work!!

Hey Rick am I in lala land on this one?

Cheers

Cherie