[THIN] Re: Web Interface doesn't work when defining second farm

  • From: "Pfeifer, Bruce A MSER:EX" <Bruce.A.Pfeifer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 08:20:43 -0800

We encountered a similar problem after installing MS Security hotfix
MS04-007 on our Win-03 Web Interface/CSG server.  Users in farm "B" (who do
not have access to farm "A") would enter in their ID and PW and then their
browser would go to a blank screen and hang (their farm "B" published apps
would never appear).
As a temporary workaround we added the farm "B" users to the local users
group on the farm "A" SSL relay server.
This works OK (for now), as farm "B" user do not have access to any farm "A"
published apps, they can only access their farm "B" apps.

Our test Web Interface server is W2K on which we cannot duplicate the
problem.  We are in the process of cloning our Web Interface/CSG server for
fail over, but before putting it in Prod hope to use it for testing to sort
out this problem.