[THIN] Re: Way OT: Rack Equipment Labelling

  • From: "Lucas Boyken" <lboyken@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:34:38 -0500

What are you trying to accomplish?  Remember, the more information you
place on your servers or equipment racks, the more information is
availble to anyone that walks into your server room.  I would suggest
labeling the servers, labeling each screen on the vidoe switch itself
(if your KVM can do this) and that is about it.  If you would like more
documentation, I would great a Viso diagram (or something similar)
document that remains confidential and solely in the control of the
network admin.  Remember, in the land of the blind...the one eyed man is
king.=20

Lucas W. Boyken
Computer Systems Associates
Account Manager / Technical Representative
lboyken@xxxxxxxxx
Company Phone:  800.222.7601
Office Phone:  515.332.2751