[THIN] WI/CSG SSL Error

  • From: "Paul Taylor" <TaylorP@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 11:10:22 +0100

Hi guys

I'm having an intermittent error on my WI server I'd appreciate your
help on.  When clicking on one of the published apps after logging in
the user will sometimes receive the following error:

The proxy could not connect to;10;<STA ID>;<32 char alphanumeric code
(ticket no presumably)>;port 1,494.

This coincides with the following error in the CSG Event log (event id
3217):

CSG3217 Cannot connect to server [MF server IP:1494], client IP
[external client IP:4011] connection dropped.

It's very intermittent and will work more often than not.  It will
always fail the first time the WI is used every day, and on occasions
during the day (it's not heavily used).

I've searched for event id 3217 but cannot find anything that relates to
my scenario.

We are running Metaframe XP FR3 on Win2kSp4.  WI v3 and CSG v2.1, on
same server in DMZ.  We only use the java client.

We reboot our Citrix servers every night, so this may have something to
do with it although I'm not sure what!  Currently our WI is only
pointing to one of our Citrix servers to launch the published apps.

I'm assuming my firewall (between WI/CSG and internal servers) is
configured correctly as it works most of the time.

Any thoughts?

Paul

www.broomfield.co.uk

Broomfield & Alexander Professional Advisors
Creating value and prosperity

Offices at:
Cardiff Tel: 029 20549939
Newport Tel: 01633 265828
Newbridge Tel: 01495 245736

Head Office: Pendragon House, Caxton Place, Pentwyn, Cardiff CF23 8XE
Tel: 029 2054 9939 Fax: 029 2073 9430

Need free business advice, then visit our website at www.broomfield.co.uk

Confidentiality:
This e-mail and its attachments are intended for the above named recipient(s)
only and may be confidential and/or privileged.  If they have come to you in
error you must take no action based on them, nor must you copy or disclose them
or any part of their contents to any person or organisation; please reply to
this e-mail and highlight the error immediately and delete this e-mail and its
attachments from your computer system.

This footnote also confirms that before leaving our system this e-mail message
has been swept for the presence of computer viruses.