[THIN] Re: Visual studio .net 2003 on terminal server, error when Mandatory Profile is used

  • From: "Anders Lundgren" <anders.lundgren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 17:33:50 +0200

It isn't a registry setting that I can find with Regmon anyway, it seems
like it is a .exe that runs every time Vstudio starts to load the specified
packages.

It's not a totally bad idea to run Vstudio on a terminal server for
educational purposes anyway since we as a university will give courses in
.net but we do not want to install the whole package Vstudio and docs on
every lab thus opening all the lab machines to all sorts of problems.

We isolate the development environment in a (somewhat) controlled
environment.
Compiling will probably "cost" You but the students will probably have a
number of small projects and that will probably help.

There's also a couple of MAC and *NIX users involved and they do not have
that much of a choice:-)

Yale done this before according to our MS Academic contact and they
apparently still are running there .NET courses on Terminal server.

First time for Us to try this in this way though, hoping for the best!
/Anders

http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320