[THIN] Re: Visual studio .net 2003 on terminal server, error when Mandatory Profile is used

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 11:34:15 +0100

Sounds like registry settings not being kept to me :) (But you
probably knew that..)

But anyway, isnt Visual Studio on TS a bad idea? When a user compiles,
it'll chew the server up something rotten, surely? Not to mention all
the intellisense stuff popping up all over the place!

Andrew

On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:21:37 +0200, Anders Lundgren
<anders.lundgren@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hello folks
> I just completed an installation of Visual Studio .NET 2003 on a Win2003
> terminal server w. RDP only according to
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/academic/techdown/techprod/netframework/devsys/devsysws03/default.aspx
> (line might wrap as usual)
>
> The problem is that I get an error when using a Mandatory Profile, the error
> is:
>  "Package Load failure" VsRpDesigner Package has failed to load properly
> (GUID = {A9D28E15-E2CD-4185-A9BE-7DC617936ACB}) etc………
>
>  "Package Load failure" Crystal Reports Tools Package Has failed to load
> properly (GUID = {FB119B1C-8011-4185-B489-1A0DD34C222FA}etc………
>
> This only happens when the mandatory profile is in place. If the same user
> gets an "nonomandatory" profile it works.
>
> Has anyone done this before and made it work?
>

> Anders Lundgren
> IT dept Ekonomikum
> Uppsala University
This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software