[THIN] USB Support in New MF?

  • From: "Susan Jenno" <SJenno@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 14:33:43 +1000

Hi All

We will be having around 400 Citrix users using USB card readers shortly, w=
hich has left us wondering how we are going to make it happen.  I have cons=
idered using serial to USB adaptors (if they exist, I haven't found any yet=
) but this option will work out fairly expensive.

I heard that the next version of MetaFrame will support USB but can't find =
any news about when this will be released.  This will be the best solution =
if we can wait that long.  Has anybody heard anything about the new release=
 and if it will support USB.  I would like to give the boss a timeframe as =
to when we can use the cards.

Regards
Susan Jenno
Senior System Support Analyst
WorkDirections (Mincom Brisbane)

Ph: (07) 3221 4000
Fax: (07) 3229 6072

The information, including attachments, contained in this e-mail is confide=
ntial and may be subject to legal professional privilege.  It is intended s=
olely for the addressee.  If you receive this e-mail by mistake please prom=
ptly inform us by reply e-mail and then delete the e-mail and destroy any p=
rinted copy.  You must not disclose or use in any way the information in th=
e e-mail.=20

=20

There is no warranty that this email is error or virus free. It may be a pr=
ivate communication, and if so, does not represent the views of the Work Di=
rections Australia group or its management.  If it is a private communicati=
on, care should be taken in opening it to ensure that undue offence is not =
given.