[THIN] OT: Useful Please for Help

  • From: Grant Alexander <Grant.Alexander@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 15:39:40 +1200

I didn't know whether to laugh or scream.  This has to be a candidate for an
award for the most useless problem diagnosis.  Mind you the application in
question is a heap of garbage, and is poorly supported.

>>No that doesn't work.  How about trying something else.
install program gagged on one of the servers, and
>>the application is corrupt, I can't uninstall it and reinstall it, and so
I can't put the PC Banking icon on users
>>desktops.  I have however made the application available through our
>>You will need to open Internet Explorer, go to http://nfuse/c595/metaframe
enter your userid and password, and click "Log >>In".  On the next page you
will see the PC Banking logo.  Double clicking it will start PC Banking on
one of the 2 servers >>on which it works.  Type in your NT userID and
password (again - sorry folks no way round it) and then you will get the PC
>>Banking login screen.  This tim it's the PC Banking UserID and Password
and you should be humming.

Grant Alexander
Computing Systems Manager
PF Olsen and Company Limited