[THIN] Re: TS-Compliant 'Proxy'

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 06 Dec 2008 11:08:39 +1100

We introduced many clients to a program called Freeproxy and they have been
extremely happy
with the results. As the name suggests, it is free. It does take a little bit
to understand the
configuraiton, but there are active forums on the site to dicuss settings etc.
It will allow NT
authenication and groups to access different whitelists/ blacklists and has a
simple logging system.
It has not failed us yet.

Get it from here: http://www.handcraftedsoftware.org/
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd
Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Quoting Nick Smith <nick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Guys,
> I am tasked with providing granular web access, control , and
> logging. (EG Noone can access Hotmail except the MD, no IM except the
> Finance Department). Massively preferable that users not need logon
> to anything after they've got onto their published Desktop.
> Anyone got any recommendations/experience? FWIW I've never got on
> well with Microsoft Proxy/ISA server...
> Nick

Follow ThinList on Twitter
Thinlist MOBILE Feed