[THIN] Re: MSTSC Lock Users

  • From: "Layman, Eric" <Eric.Layman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2008 16:34:09 -0500

Note that the GPO setting for the command prompt can allow scripts to execute
(it's a suboption).  Also picked up this tidbit somewhere along the way:

How to Enable or Disable Client Logons in the Registry

Disable logons

X86:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon
X64:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon

Add a REG_SZ value called WinStationsDisabled and set the value to 1.

Enable logons

Change the WinStationsDisabled value to 0.

Eric Layman
National City Corporation
Common Services - Platform Engineering
eric.layman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx