[THIN] Re: TSCals.

  • From: Warren Simondson <caditc@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 17:01:50 +1000

What Jim said and also modify the registry to overide the discovery of the TS
license server:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279561

You could run the Citrix and TS license server on one of your Citrix servers
instead of a VM but
this is risky in the whole scheme of things.
--
Warren Simondson

Ctrl-Alt-Del IT Consultancy Pty Ltd

Website: http://www.ctrl-alt-del.com.au

Quoting "Jim Kenzig http://thin.ms"; <jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I think you will be all right as long as the terminal services and
> citrix licensing server is on a 2003 Server.  This could easily be
> accomplished by putting all licensing on a Virtual 2003 Server
> Machine.
>
> Jim Kenzig
> Blog: http://www.techblink.com
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenzig
> Twitter: http://twitter.com/InternetPilot
>

> On Mon, May 4, 2009 at 4:12 PM, Jose Luis Delgado
> <delgadojl@xxxxxxxxx>wrote:
>
> > Hi Everyone.
> >
> > I have a question on terminal server licenses.
> >
> > We have a citrix farm 4.0, windows server 2003
> >
> > We are planning on upgrading our current domain controllers from
> > windows server 2003 to windows server 2008, Do we need to upgrade
> our
> > 2003 TSCals that are configured for our citrix farm to TSCals for
> > 2008.
> >
> > Any feed back or links on the subject will be appreciated.
> >
> > Thank you in advance.
> >
> > -Jose.
> > //www.freelists.org/list/thin
> > Follow ThinList on Twitter
> > http://twitter.com/thinlist
> > Thin List discussion is now available in blog format at:
> > http://thinmaillist.blogspot.com
> > Thinlist MOBILE Feed
> > http://thinlist.net/mobile
Follow ThinList on Twitter