[THIN] Strange WebInterface 2.0 Problem:

  • From: "ThinFan ." <thinfan1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:19:32 -0700

Interesting Bug we found in Web Interface 2.0

If you read the following and run Web Interface 2.0 can you try this to see if it's a universal Citrix .asp bug?

1) Launch URL for your Web Interface site. Make sure when you are sitting at the Logon Screen that your complete URL is as follows:

http://YourWI_DNSEntry/Citrix/MetaFrameXP/default/login.asp?ClientDetection=On

HTTP or HTTPS shouldn't matter, key is to make sure you see ?ClientDetection=On

At this point your page looks fine it's waiting for you to enter credentials.

2) Bookmark this URL with full URL including ?ClientDetection=On

3) Close IE and Open IE and click on your Favorites Bookmark for this site that includes the ?ClientDetection=on.

Make sure that you didn't have Web Interface as your Home Page or anything as otherwise this problem won't occur. It only occurs if you open a new broswer and the first hit is to the FULL URL. Note that most users WOULD bookmark at this point.

What you should see on the screen is that the page did not quite complete properly, most notably you may not see the lower right Graphic for Citrix. But if you view source, you will see that the page simply never completed properly, and didn't even properly close and format the page. We believe that this is a bug in Login.asp or the ClientDetection routine, but I wanted to see if others have this happen as well.

I have tried this on 2 existing and 1 'out-of-the-box' install of Web Interface 2.0 and all three exhibit this problem.

Strange! Can anyone else repeat this problem? If so I would like to know so I can escalate to Citrix.

Thanks,

ThinFan

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html