[THIN] Storport Driver issue

  • From: "Malcolm Bruton" <malcolm.bruton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 07:49:02 -0400

Hi All

We run HP DL360 G3, G3 and HP DL385 G1, G2 models

We have seen a problem with our Windows 2003 SP1 build where boxes are
stopping with 0x50 stop codes.

MS say to update to latest storport.sys (KB939315) file as well as
update HP drivers to post 7.8 PSP (we are going to try the 7.9).

They say it is caused by hpcisss2.sys which is the SAS/SATA driver form
the DL385 G2 model.  This is on servers that have this driver installed
but actually have no SAS devices in them Eg that driver should not be in
use.  We use Altiris to build our server so we actually have all drivers
that might be required across out entire range installed on the servers.

So couple of questions.

Has anyone seen this?

Ideas how to update driver if the physical hardware is not present other
than manually copy .sys files to servers.  The HP drivers will not let
you update themselves if the hardware is not present.  We are thinking
about just copying the .sys file onto the server to update this but
would prefer an HP supported method.  Anyone know of any hidden switches
on the HP drivers?

Have you seen the hpcisss2.sys file in use even when SAS devices are not
present?

Any other ideas what we might need to look at for this?

Seem to be we are having several stop errors a week at the moment.

Thanks

Malcolm