[THIN] Re: Storport Driver issue

Jez

Thanks for this

We've had a rock stable 2000 build with SP4 for so long and 2003 SP1 is
nothing but rubbish.  Interesting to see that most of the stability
fixes apply to both SP1 and SP2 for 2003.

We were using 7.7 PSP and getting stop 0x50s hence looking at going to
7.9  We are also getting stop AB and stop 9c errors.  The 9C is a
storport issue and the AB is a win32k.sys issue.

We have multiple SCSI/SAS drivers present on all servers because we use
one unattended file to build all servers.  This means all the drivers we
choose to install are on the server regardless of which hardware is
present.

We don't release the full HP PSP's just the particular drivers we need.
The problem is trying to update a driver once the box is built using say
ver 7.7  is not possible using the softpaqs to upgrade all drivers to
7.9 unless the hardware is also present.

We can fix this going forward by rebuilding 30 odd servers using 7.9
drivers in the build but would rather just update the servers with 7.7
on them instead.

We use Altiris to build servers/patch/update and do firmware. (no Manual
intervention is great!)  We don't deploy the entire PSP as it contains
too much rubbish that isn't needed.

Aware that we can log call with HP but it always takes an age.

Malcolm