[THIN] Re: Server Specs

  • From: "Henry Sieff" <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 17:21:25 -0400

Not at all asking for too much. For 180 users, with those spec's, three
application servers would do you fine. Any two of those could handle the full
load (as long as you do some tuning) and you would have N+1 redundancy.

I would dedicate an additional, lower power server, as a data collector. You
can also use it to host the datastore if you use an access datastore. If you
think you are going to expand, you can start off using sql datastore since you
have the ms sql server already.

You could do it with two, without N+1.

--
Henry Sieff