[THIN] Re: Saving files to UNC paths from within application dialog box

  • From: Ben Pelzer <Ben.Pelzer@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Dec 2010 16:49:16 +0100

Hi M,

I've been testing this for a customer of mine, you can do this easily with
the Lockdown function of Environment Manager
The "forbidden text" (removed by Lockdown) in the Save text box would then
be \\ or the name of the server/client you want to block if just \\ blocks
to much

Works like a charm for my customer
If you want, I can send you my sample EM config so you can see how I
configured this

Cheers,

Ben

On 15-12-2010 7:05 AM, "thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx"
<thin-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Msg: #1 in digest
>From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: [THIN] Re: Saving files to UNC paths from within application
>dialog bo
>Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:25:55 -0000
>
>Hello again,
>I am still trying to find a resolution for this... if one exists at all.
>
>Appsense does not resolve this and i have spoken to their technical
>support about it as well.
>Has anyone resolved this security hole ?
>
>Many thanks

Follow ThinList on Twitter
http://twitter.com/thinlist