[THIN] Roaming Profiles, Policies, and Active Directory

  • From: "Jacob Walker" <ctxrulez@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 07:48:46 -0400

We are in the midst of a migration from NT domains to an Active Directory domain. At this time, we are only migrating users and computers, and not servers. We are seeing issues in our Citrix/Terminal Server environments and wondered if someone could help.

Users are migrating with SID history. However, when connecting to Citrix servers using their roaming profiles, the follow errors are generated:

App: E 'Mon Oct 18 07:33:23 2004': Userenv - " Windows cannot do loopback processing when the computer is joined to a downlevel domain or is a member of a workgroup. Loopback processing will be disabled. "
App: E 'Mon Oct 18 07:33:22 2004': Userenv - " Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. "
App: E 'Mon Oct 18 07:33:22 2004': Userenv - " Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder. Contact your network administrator. "

Also, even though our Citrix servers are Windows 2000, we have been using NT-style policies while in the NT domain. Now, those policies are not applying when users migrated to Active Directory logon. Is there any way to get them to apply? We really aren't ready to move the servers to Active Directory right now. And, we imagine it will take many weeks to figure out how to configure and use a Group Poicy for the Citrix servers. In the meantime, this is becoming a pretty large issue.

Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! hthttp://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
Would you like to learn? -- Free for a limited time!
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320
********************************************************** Useful Thin Client Computing Links are available at: