[THIN] Re: Request for comments on VPN replacing Citrix

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 09:25:27 -0400

So if I understand correctly, you'd be removing Citrix and replacing
with VPNs for remote/off-site users, ro trial offices only?  None of
your existing facilities even use Citrix and would be effected?

And then you want to have someone on a 56k (or maybe less?) dialup, VPN
into your network and expect them to launch MS Word or some other thick
application?  Forget it.  Someone needs to go over the CIO's head.