[THIN] Re: Registry Key to deny internet access

  • From: "Jeff Pitsch" <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2006 09:41:26 -0400

All GPO's will apply to the users who are assigned to them.  You can have a
base GPO and then other GPO's that apply on top of that.  This is true even
if multiple GPO's are assigned at the OU level.  GPO's would be useless if
only one applied.  So, yes, multiple GPO's can be applied to a user even at
the OU level.  You simply set the prriority level of the GPO's at that
particular OU.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

On 9/21/06, David <dmauri@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Jeremy Saunders escribió: > Sure David. You can create multiple group policies (with loopback > processing enabled) and give them higher priority than your default > settings. Then just apply these policies to different user group and place > the users in these groups. This way different sets of users can have > different proxy settings. > > Ok, but this 'new group policy' will take effect only for the specified group?

In my current gpo there are a lot of features, Have I to copy to the new
one?
or the new one will apply only those settings 'e.g: proxy setting' and
the rest of features blocked will be applied
by my current gpo.

I'm a little puzzle with this issue....