[THIN] Re: Published App beeps but sound isn't enabled

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 27 Aug 2002 09:06:31 +1000

Both settings are set to yes - I will change them to No and will see what
happens..  The OS in WTS so I can't try your second suggestion..

Thanks for the suggestions
Rose

What values have you got for this registry key ?

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Sound
Beep
ExtendedSounds

Also another thing i found tonight , on my travels via google was a handy
method of turning off beep within win2k.
Go into Device Manager ( system properties, Hardware), Select View, Select
Show hidden devices,broswe down to Non-Plug and Play Drivers , highlight
beep , righ mouse click and select disable.

regards