[THIN] Re: Published App Groups

  • From: "Edward Skippins" <edward.skippins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 16 Sep 2004 16:46:45 +0100

This is my understanding aswell

>>> malapierre@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 16/09/2004 16:42:27 >>>
Am I wrong, but a DENY permission on NTFS has a higher priority than a Allow...
that means if a user has a deny on the app. But the everyone group has allow,
this user won't be able to open the app... right?

Marc-André Lapierre

Consultant Systems & Infrastructures
514 977-6170
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of
John Elstone
Posted At: Wednesday, September 15, 2004 4:43 PM
Posted To: The thin mailing list
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Published App Groups
Dont give that user group access to the published app and they wont get the
icon to run it.  If you want to secure it further you can modify the
permissions on the executable so its the same as the published app.

"Turman, David C." <david_turman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

        Is there any way to explicitly deny a group running a published
        app on MF XP like you can deny in access NTFS?

This Weeks Sponsor triCerat:
Have you had your fill of printing support calls, unauthorized apps running on
unsecured Terminal Servers, profile headaches, and application performance
problems? Join us and learn how you can have a less demanding on-demand
enterprise!
http://www.tricerat.com/?page=events#register