[THIN] Re: Printer install

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 08:05:54 -0700

Hi Rick,
I went to the policies and checked the kernel mode setting.  I had already
set it to allow me to install.  On the off chance that sometimes setting
policies to the OPPOSITE of what you think is correct sometimes work, I set
it to disable.  Still didn't work.
adam

                      "Rick Mack"

                      <Rick.Mack@volant        To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

                      e.com.au>                cc:

                      Sent by:                 Subject:  [THIN] Re: Printer
install
                      thin-bounce@freel

                      ists.org

                      10/06/2004 02:24

                      PM

                      Please respond to

                      thin

Hi Adam,

Win2k3 blocks the installation of kernel mode printer drivers
(modifiable by policy).

Some older products (Acrobat 5 etc) use kernel mode drivers so for them
it's no go.

Regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack