[THIN] Re: Presentation Server - external network access

  • From: Dogers <dogers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 16:23:04 +0000

On 10/01/06, Rick Fogarty <rfogarty@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> We're using an ISA Server - can I simply map the Citrix port numbers to
> the internal server?  In other words, can the users simply go to the URL -
> www.mydomain.net and get to the server on the inside?  I'm thinking that
> simply using the method cited above would not do what I wanted because the
> firewall wouldn't be able to determine what port we were requesting, right?

As others have said, you CAN do it that way (with a Server Publishing rule),
but it really is  recommended that you look into CSG and WI. Of course, if
you have an older version of Citrix, you may not have access to that, in
which case you have to publish the server!

(And yes, the firewall would know, because the Citrix client would try to
get access to the relevant ports by default :) )

Andrew