[THIN] Re: Presentation Server - external network access

  • From: "Rick Fogarty" <rfogarty@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2006 11:19:45 -0500

Reading that now...

Thanks for the link.

-----Original Message-----
From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2006 11:08 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Presentation Server - external network access

Rick,

Here a quick doc  that talks about setting up metaframe behind ISA:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX104998&searchID=13417883

If you search "isa server" on the Citrix website, you'll get a few more
hits.

adam

             "Rick Fogarty"
             <rfogarty@golfnet
             Sent by:                  <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
             thin-bounce@freel                                          cc
             ists.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       [THIN] Presentation Server -
             01/10/2006 09:00          external network access
             AM

             Please respond to
             thin@xxxxxxxxxxxx

I've inherited a Citrix Presentation Server and am slowly configuring it the
way I want it.  Currently, each of our users who access the server are
either located on our LAN or use a VPN to connect. In the near future, we'd
like to allow access to our outside affiliates.  So, in theory would this
work?

We're using an ISA Server - can I simply map the Citrix port numbers to the
internal server?  In other words, can the users simply go to the URL -
www.mydomain.net and get to the server on the inside?  I'm thinking that
simply using the method cited above would not do what I wanted because the
firewall wouldn't be able to determine what port we were requesting, right?

I'm really starting to confuse myself here - so any help is greatly
appreciated.

Thanks,
Rick