[THIN] Re: Pcl 5e VS pcl 6

  • From: "Jeremy Thomas" <jeremy.thomas@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2004 09:53:05 +0200

PCL5e tends to be more stable and manageable than PCL6, and it should
also produce less network traffic than any other driver.

I once saw an extremely good study of printer drivers (It's amazing what
people will do to justify enough work for a contract extension), and PCL
5 won on both bandwidth and stability, but not by much.