[THIN] PS4 Lot slower logging in than XP Fr3 ?

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <Thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Mar 2006 00:16:01 +0100

Hello there,

I have been testing 2000 PS4 for some of our older legacy application servers.
2000 PS4 + Rollup Fix 1 + Post Rollup Hotfixes

Identical OS build & Patches, Identical hardware. 4 Servers used to compare.
PS4 takes double the amount of time to log in when compared with XP FR3 SP4.

I thought this was very strange.The servers in the same OU and compared login
times. I have turned all mappings off apart from clipboard mapping.

XP FR3 SP4 Servers take 10-20 seconds to log in. PS4 takes 45 seconds upwards
to log in.

After monitoring and recording sessions loggin in, i found that PS4 is as quick
as XP to establish a connection.
The login time takes longer as GPO policy processing is taking place.
This is also evident simply by looking at the "Enhanced" Login window.
Processing registry Policy takes an age (for test users anyway).
Filemon traces show that Winlogon spends longer looking at the resulting
ntuser.pol that appears in the users profile, than when compared with XP.

Anyone noticed this with PS4 ?