[THIN] PS4 Locks up

  • From: "Matthew Shrewsbury" <MShrewsbury@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2006 17:29:05 -0500

As you may have noticed I have been posting a lot as of late. For some
strange reason out of the blue I've been having a lot of issues. One PS4
server keeps locking up out of my two although both have locked up but
not at the same time.

1) I've tried updating all firmware and drivers.

2) I've installed PSE400W2KR01.msp on the one server it would install on
(but it locked but about 7 hours later).

3) I've searched event logs but don't see anything obvious.

Is there any good method of repairing a Citrix server? I'm just not
finding anything that points me to a problem. Sunday I'm going to come
in and try my best to find the problem. I plan to start with low level
hardware diagnostics, then proceed to virus scans/ boot from PE and look
for root kits. Run some network sniffing tools.

If everything comes up clean how should I try and repair my server?
Should I try and repair PS4 through add remove programs? I'm running a
older version of User Profile hive cleanup...could this cause lock ups?

Network Manager