[THIN] Re: PACS System Compatable with Citrix

  • From: "Steve Greenberg" <steveg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Oct 2004 10:37:08 -0700

We have deployed medical imaging systems on Citrix but you should be aware
that systems like PACS have a specific certification which allows them to do
medical imaging, i.e. diagnostics. PACS systems usually have dedicated
display devices with extremely high resolution, even beyond "power" PCs.
These may include special gray scale display devices and video cards.

Citrix does not have this medical certification although the results can be
very good. At a major national health facility we deploy Citrix for NON
DIAGNOSTIC purposes and get excellent results.

Regards,

Steve Greenberg
Thin Client Computing
34522 N. Scottsdale Rd. suite D8453