[THIN] Re: Outlook, DST and Citrix

  • From: "TSguy92 Lan" <tsguy92@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2007 12:00:35 -0800

Depends on what your corporate folks have done w/ the exchange side of
things. There's an exchange update that can be run which will update all
appointments in the upcomming changed timeframe, regardless of wether or not
they need to update or not. Which can cause a few issues..

There's also the other option of running tzmove.exe for each user against
their mailbox, allowing them to selectively choose which calendar events
they want adjusted. While this allows the end user more control over this
process . . . we're having some headaches getting this going in our windows
2000 terminal server production environment.

The tzmove.exe utility appears to require local administrator privledges to
run. I've read that once installed under admin permissions users can run it
from the same machine with generic local machine rights. But I haven't seen
this on our terminal servers. After running through it under change user
/install, users are still prompted to be an admin on each citrix servers to
even run it.

Anyone know the magic bullet for running tzmove.exe without admin perms on a
TS box?

~Lan

On 3/7/07, Beckett, William (Bill) <bill.beckett@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

 I've got our Citrix boxes patched, 2K using Tzedit and 2003 with current
updates. The exchange side of things are handled at corporate BUT does
anything have to be done with relation to Outlook and DST?