[THIN] Re: Outlook, DST and Citrix

  • From: "Taylor, George" <GTaylor@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2007 12:53:18 -0700

From Article 931667:

To do this, follow these steps:
1.       Update Windows to apply the new DST 2007 rules. This update is
available on the Windows Update Web site. For more information, click
the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft
Knowledge Base:
931836 <http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/>
(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/931836/) February 2007 cumulative time
zone update for Microsoft Windows operating systems
2.       Install the Time Zone Data Update Tool.

Note Installation requires administrator credentials on the destination
computer.

If you install and run the Time Zone Data Update Tool on a computer that
is running Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2), be aware of the following
issue:
*        When a user who has standard user permissions double-clicks
Tzmove.exe to install the tool, the user receives the following error
message:
Time Zone Data Update Tool for Microsoft Office Outlook
You do not have sufficient privileges to complete this installation for
all users of the machine. Log on as administrator and then retry this
installation.
A local administrator or a domain administrator must enter the correct
credentials for installation to continue. After the Time Zone Data
Update Tool is installed, a user who has standard user permissions can
run the tool against the user's mailbox.

  _____