[THIN] Re: Outlook 2000 Hangs- to Jim

  • From: "PETERSON, DAVID" <DPETERSO@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 19 Apr 2004 14:23:04 -0400

I have had problems in the past with Spybot loading up, it can take a =
while. The big problem with both pograms is that depending on your =
firewall they may not be able to autoupdate. We use Ad-Aware a lot, and =
I manually download the reference file. Another program I like is =
Spywareblaster, http://www.javacoolsoftware.com/spywareblaster.html. It =
sets kill bits for a lot of these types of programs so that they cannot =
install. Nice thing is that it doesn't have to be running to protect =
you. I have not tried it in a thin/Citrix environment yet though.