[THIN] One farm with Server 2K and 2K3

  • From: "John Burt" <jburt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 11:09:38 -0700

We are contemplating combining our two current citrix farms (one is 2K and the
other 2K3) into one farm, and I have a couple of questions.

1) I understand that 2K3 will not read a 2K license, so the licensing server
will have to be on the 2K3, but can I store all the licenses there or should I
have a 2K license server and a 2K3 one?

2) The plan was to just do a change farm on the 2K servers and add them into
the 2K3 farm, as an FYI, there are only 3 in the 2K farm. Is this the best way
of going about it, or is there a better way?

3) The apps that are published on the different farms are different and I do
realise that I will have to republish them onto the new farm, but I was
wondering if there are any other issues I need to be aware of?

Thanks in Advance!
John