[THIN] Re: One farm with Server 2K and 2K3

  • From: "Callahan, Michael (TICS)" <MichaelCallahan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 13:32:40 -0600

I haven't moved to a 2k3 farm yet, so my knowledge there is purely
theoretical.  However, here is the way I understand it based on current
research - if you are running a farm containing a mix of Win2k and 2k3
servers you should be able to run your license server on 2k3 for both
versions.  I will leave it to better minds than mine to authoritatively
answer that question.

The other reason I am responding to this is that I have something you will
find handy as you do your migration.  I have written two MFCOM scripts ,
FarmAppSave.wsf and FarmAppRestore.wsf.  FarmAppSave will run against your
farm applications and save each app's settings to an .inf file.  You can
then edit the file (changing server names, etc.) or not, as you see fit and
run the the FarmAppRestore script to restore your apps to the new farm.

If you think these would help let me know and I'll send them to you.
They've been thoroughly tested on XP FR3.