[THIN] Re: OT: advanced search & extract from a text file

  • From: "Joe Shonk" <joe.shonk@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Feb 2009 22:46:38 -0700

A simple VB script can parse and reformat the data for you.  What does the
original text file look like and what do you want it to look like?  I could
whip something up here in a couple of minutes.

Joe

Data:    IP_10.1.1.10

Now obviously I can search on "IP_" and get most of them, but that'll leave
out a number of printers where we're using the jetdirect hostname as the
portname (Greg will never believe that I convinced people to go this route
and get away from static IPs and DHCP reservations. :D )

Anyone have any ideas? In my younger, semi-smarter days I was able to whip
up small codes in BASIC or FORTRAN that could do what I want, but I've long
since forgotten how to do stuff like that.