[THIN] Re: OT: VMWare backups

  • From: "Stefan Timmermans" <stefan.timmermans@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2008 14:28:17 +0200

Joe,
Indeed, thats why I do not snapshot the files system if db's (ao) or db
disks are involved, then I still use the combination of snapshotting the
OS & applications , the datafiles of the application are not
snapshotted. But you are right, Microsoft Hyper V and
XenServer too, will quiesce the OS and applications, which makes the
solution all the more flexible !

Regards,

Stefan