[THIN] OT: Shadow copy not really disabled on default 2003 install

  • From: "Evan Mann" <emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 09:55:15 -0400

Anyone else notice that Shadow Copy is set as disabled by default on a
new 2003 Server installed but it's really not?  I have to go into
settngs, manually set a size limit 100 MB, then click disable and it
actually removes the shared.  But all the time it says Disabled.  Until
I do this, I see my HDD space eaten away.

Will disabling the Volume Shadow Copy service all together prevent this
from happening?  Will it cause other problems?