[THIN] Re: OT - Root kits, are they real threats?

  • From: "Kevin Stewart" <kevin.g.stewart@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2007 10:43:55 -0400

That's the real beauty of a root kit. They very often replace key
system files and make it nearly impossible for antivirus tools to
detect them. McAfee can most likely only go after "known"
vulnerabilities in this area. Do a search on "Blue Pill". Security
researchers have built this prototype root kit that they say is 100%
undetectable.

Kevin