[THIN] Re: OT: One more AD q, replication

  • From: "Paul DeHaan" <wppad@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2004 16:37:25 -0400

There is an article on the MS site about disabling the KCC (Knowledge
Consistency Checker - i think) service.  This is the service that automatically
creates the replication links.  As long as you setup the sites correctly you
shouldn't have problems disabling this.  You have to remember to add new links
for all new and changed servers...

HTH,
Paul DeHaan

>>> emann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx 07/21/04 09:39AM >>>
Ok, I have a dozen sites or so, all setup properly in AD Sites/Services.
ONE of my sites is generating connections to every other sites DC.  None
of my other sites are doing this.  I do not create VPNs between all my
sites, so I don't want these connections auto generating all the time.
It causes the DC to send excess traffic to subnets it has no routability
to.  I've never seen this happen before, hwo can I stop it?

http://www.go-eol.com