[THIN] Re: OT - IE to Adobe PDF in Vista

  • From: Jeremy Saunders <Jeremy.Saunders@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2010 16:29:06 +0000

What exactly fails? ie What error message do you get? Does it work as the local
Administrator? Does anything get logged in the Event Logs?

Not sure about Vista, but under Windows 2008 R1 (similar to Vista) and R2
(similar to Win 7) you need to disable UAC. I also found this:
http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/261163-solution-print-pdf-problem.html.

If all else fails, try tracking the problem with ProcessMonitor.

Bullzip has been mentioned a lot on forums in recent times, so must try it one
of these days. CutePDF has always been reliable for me.

Cheers,
Jeremy.