[THIN] OT - File System rights reporting tool for Windows 2003 Srv - do they exist??

  • From: "Rosemary Sarkis" <rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2004 10:40:12 +1000

Hi

Can anyone recommend any good tools that will assist me in reporting file system rights in Windows 2003 Active Directory servers?

I come from a Netware background. In NDS, you could select the userid or group object and find out exactly what file system rights the object has access to. In AD this cannot be done (out of the box anyway). Are there any good tools that will assist with this??

Ideally Id like to be able to interogate a user object or group and find out exactly what directories it assigns rights to...

Whilst we are on the topic of AD tools, are there any good tools for AD user creation (that don't require a technical scripting background)??

Thanks
Rose

½ Price FOXTEL Digital Installation On-Line Limited Offer: http://ninemsn.com.au/share/redir/adTrack.asp?mode=click&clientID=225&referral=Hotmail_tagline_July04&URL=http://ad.au.doubleclick.net/clk;9412514;9681905;p?http://www.foxtel.com.au/2231.htm

Using the latest software, hardware, networking technologies, proven technical expertise, proprietary software and best practices, EOL provides custom-tailored solutions for each client?s mission and specific goals.
http://www.go-eol.com