[THIN] Re: OT - Copy files by date

  • From: "Michael Boggan" <mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 08 Jun 2004 15:29:19 -0500

check out Robocopy. Great tool.

______________________

Michael Boggan
Citrix Administrator
Concentra Health Services
______________________

From: "Claus, Brian" <BClaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Re: OT - Copy files by date
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 2004 14:51:12 -0400

Check out xxcopy

_____

Brian Claus, MCP, Network+, A+
Network Administrator
WESCO Distribution, Inc.
225 West Station Square Drive, Suite 700
Pittsburgh, PA 15219-1122
Phone:  412-454-2412
Fax:  412-454-2540
 <mailto:bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> bclaus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  _____

-----Original Message----- From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ryan Lambert Sent: Tuesday, June 08, 2004 2:42 PM To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx Subject: [THIN] OT - Copy files by date

Hey all,

Since I know there are a lot of really good scripters on this forum, I
figured I'd shoot this one out in the open.

We're in need of copying files with a certain date range out of a
directory. However, there are thousands upon thousands of files in this
directory, so getting a listing via the GUI is tough. Far as I know,
there's no switch that can be used in the copy command that will perform
this function.

Any ideas?

--

Ryan Lambert, MCP, CCA

Network Engineer

OnlyOne IS

1242 East 49th St.

Cleveland, OH 44114

Ph/Fax: 216-373-2757

http://www.onlyoneis.com/

http://www.myonlyone.com <http://www.myonlyone.com/> /

MSN 9 Dial-up Internet Access fights spam and pop-ups ? now 3 months FREE! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200361ave/direct/01/

This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping
you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you
know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single
biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper
to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.
SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=147