[THIN] Re: O/T - Citrix Dev, Test, Prelive > Live

  • From: Greg Reese <gareese@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 08:34:43 -0500

Altiris does a great job of managing this. It works just as well in a
virtual environment as it does a physical one.

you can set aside as many images as you want, then push them wherever.
 it straightens out machine name, domain membership etc as part of the
process.  Then from there, you can have it execute any number of
post-image steps as you want.  That can be software installation,
scripting, copying some files around etc.

The last environment I used it in, it delivered a fully installed OS
with Citrix XenApp installed.  Once Altiris pushed the image, it then
ran script jobs to join the farm, some reg tweaks, application
installs,  plus a few other things I forget.