[THIN] Re: OT: Citrix Automatic Update

  • From: "Tony Lyne" <Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 26 Jun 2003 09:15:02 +1200

Well said.=20

Im in the middle of scoping out a project for a large corporate here for =
MF XP, and Im not going to recommend XPe as it wont offer any extra =
value to them. XPa would be fine as they already have their investment =
in deployment tools with Zen 4, so why not use this.

The biggest problem I have with XPe is that the IM side is only a half =
solution.=20

IM only works on the Citrix level. When youre doing scripted/automated =
builds for clients for farms, why the heck would you want to fork out =
extra $$$ for something that doesn't deploy at the OS level.=20

Where if the client already has something like Altiris, Zen etc which =
will work on all levels and you can still offer the same roll back and =
change control features of IM plus more.

Rantmode =3D off

Tony Lyne
Senior Systems Engineer=20
Computerland Central=20
P O Box 1470=20
PALMERSTON NORTH
Telephone (+64) 06 3537300
Facsimile (+64) 06 3566800
Mobile (+64) 0274 720696
E-mail Tony.Lyne@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Internet http://www.computerland.co.nz
CAUTION: This e-mail message and accompanying data may contain =
information that is confidential and subject to privilege. If you are =
not the intended recipient, you are notified that any use, =
dissemination, distribution or copying of this message or data is =
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify me =
immediately and delete all material pertaining to this e-mail. Thank =
you.
=A0