[THIN] Re: Neoware Capio 611 & Video Performance

  • From: "M" <mathras@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Oct 2004 19:19:50 +0100

Hello there,

I have been through the process of converting to CE/CE.Net based devices.
Unfortunately our users complained so much we are looking at the Embedded XP
route instead.
This was not entirely down to performance but was also related to the fact that
ICA CE clients dont support session sharing. Running with Web Interface as a
corporate standard and CE devices was a total non starter.

Our Citrix team have been testing a few manufacturers devices and have found
the latest ICA CE clients to be one of the main cause of the performance
problems.

We found:

i. Older ICA CE clients worked far better when compared to version 7 and 8 CE
clients.
ii. RDP sessions on the same devices did not suffer from the same performance
problems.
iii. The fussiest users preferred the HP T5500 CE.Net thin client.
iv. Devices running CE.Net take ages to start up these days its almost like
waiting for windows to start.

Personally i dont see why manufacturers dont just bung in a cheap video card to
spruce up performance a bit.

Regards