[THIN] NFuse 2.0 and pass thru authentication

  • From: Tony Hayek <tonyhayeklb@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jun 2003 12:34:03 -0700 (PDT)

Guys, i am trying to help a freind who is experiencing a problem with NFuse and
Pass thru authentication. I pasted parts of his email below i don't belive
Citrix has no fix for this so i thought i would run through you guys first and
see what your thoughts were.

If it has been discussed before please let me know the subject title so i can
search for it.

Here is his email and thanks in advance:

Pass Through authentication on NFuse 2.0 gets you to the PN and you see all the
icons and everything is fine and Dandy there works like a charm. When you click
on an icon however we are now prompted to authenticate.

This is the case with all 3 clients (Full PN, Web Client and PNAGENT) the only
way i was able to get it to work was to install the Full PN only and then add
this line to the APPSRV.INI file:

EnableSSOnThruICAFile=On

If i use PNAgent and launch the apps from the desktop or start menu all is well
but if i visit the web page i can authenticate past the first page but when
launching apps i am prompted and i was not able to get the Web Client to work
at all.

I have made all the necessary configuration changes on the WIadmin enabling
pass though in both locations.

Please tell me there is a work around for this otherwise how am i to get all my
users to use pass through. Most of them already have the web client and the
full PN which makes it ugly because when both are present the web client is
used so even if i deploy the full PN with the change i mentioned earlier it
would not work because the web client exists.

Please help why does it prompt for a second logon when we are already there.

Tony Hayek

This weeks sponsor - RTOSoft TScale
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=130